In this section, we will explain what information we collect from you and how we use it.
Darrobric (”We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read this policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation the data controller is Darren Riches (trading as Darrobric).
2. Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- The information you give us by filling in forms on our website www.darrobric.co.uk (our website) or by communicating with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you instruct us to provide web design services.
- A record of your communications with us.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
3. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to update and enhance client records;
- for internal analysis and research;
- to provide you with information and/or services that you request from us;
- to send you publications, event information and marketing communications about our web design services which we think may be of interest to you; where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to notify you about changes to our services.
4. Data retention
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it, or as otherwise prescribed by law, for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us.
For example, where you have instructed us to carry out web design services, we will keep a record of your contact details and website details for the period necessary for invoicing, tax and website maintenance purposes.
We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about our service) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim.
Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
5. Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
6. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties such as business partners and suppliers for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
We may disclose your personal information:
- If we merge with or are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our clients will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory requirement.
7. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we would like to contact you for such purposes or if we have your consent to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right to withdraw consent and to be forgotten at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8. Access to your information
You have the right to access the information we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the data protection laws in force. Any access request may be subject to a fee (where permitted) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You also have a right to require any inaccuracies in your information to be corrected free of charge. You can ask us to modify your details by sending an email to email@example.com.